OAS Comment letters
- September 1, 2023 - OAS Comment Letter on Reporting Nuclear Medicine Injection Extravasations as Medical Events as described in Docket ID NRC-2022-0218
- April 4, 2023 - OAS Comment Letter on Interim state agreement (SA) procedure, SA-802, Standing Committee for Reviewing Emerging Medical Technologies (STC-22-059)
- February 3, 2023 - OAS Comment Letter on , Interim Procedure SA-300, Reporting Material Events, and the Interim Handbook on Nuclear Material Event Reporting for the Agreement States (STC-22-033) and the Revised Interim Handbook on Nuclear Material Event Reporting for the Agreement States (STC-22-065)
- December 1, 2022 - OAS Comment Letter on the Preliminary regulatory basis for the 10 CFR Part 35 rulemaking to establish requirements for rubidium-82 generators and emerging medical technologies (RCPD-22-010)
- October 22, 2022 - OAS Letter to recommend potential license conditions to the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) for review and concurrence prior to the upcoming regulatory changes for Category 3 quantities of radioactive materials
- June 17, 2022 - OAS Comment Letter on draft Commission paper: “Rulemaking Plan on Release of Animals Receiving
Treatment Containing Byproduct Material.” (RCPD-22-002)
- February 11, 2022 - OAS Comment Letter on Multi-Agency Radiation Survey and Site Investigation Manual (MARSSIM), Revision 2 (Docket ID No. EPA-HQ-OAR-2021-0276)
- January 31, 2022 - OAS Comment Letter on Draft licensing guidance for the “Superficial Manual Brachytherapy CivaDermTM Device” (RCPD-21-015)
- December 21, 2021 - OAS Comment Letter on the Regulatory Basis for the Decommissioning Financial Assurance for Sealed and Unsealed Radioactive Materials (RCPD-21-008
- December 21, 2021 - OAS Comment Letter on Draft Commission Paper: “Petition for Rulemaking and Rulemaking Plan on Reporting Nuclear Medicine Injection Extravasations as Medical Events” (RCPD-21-012)
- November 19, 2021 - OAS Comment Letter on draft licensing guidance for Alpha Tau’s Alpha DaRT TM (Diffusing Alphaemitters Radiation Therapy) - 10 CFR 35.1000, “Other medical uses of byproduct material or radiation from byproduct material.” (RCPD-21-009)
- November 1, 2021 - OAS Comment Letter on Draft Regulatory Guide 8.39, Release of Patients Administered Radioactive Materials, Revision 2 (RG 8.39) (RCPD-21-007).
- October 6, 2021 - OAS Comment Letter on the Inspection Procedures associated with Inspection Manual Chapter (IMC) 2800 “Materials Inspection Program” (RCPD-21-006)
- July 1, 2021 - OAS Comment Letter on “Notice of Interpretation on Industrial Radiographic Operations at Temporary Radiography Jobsites and an Agreement State Compatibility Category Change; Request for Comments” (STC-21-032) - specifically interpretation of 10 CFR 34.41
- January 15, 2021 - OAS Comment Letter on the Revised State Agreement Procedure (SA), Periodic Meetings Between IMPEP Reviews (STC-20-077)
November 30, 2020 OAS Comment Letter to NRC regarding STC-20-6-066, "Petition for Rulemaking That Would Require Reporting of Certain Nuclear Medicine Injection Extravasations as Medical Events"
November 20, 2020 OAS Comment Letter to NRC regarding NRC's draft SECY paper "Rulemaking Plan to Codify Req. for RB-82 Generators and Emerging Medical Technologies"
July 21, 2020 OAS Letter to NRC regarding Harmonization of Transportation Safety Regulations with IAEA Standards
January 15, 2020 OAS Board letter to NRC concerning previously submitted Y-90 Licensing Guidance Letter
November 19, 2019 OAS comment letter regarding the regulatory basis for Disposal of Greater-than-Class C (GTCC) and Transuranic Waste
November 12, 2019 OAS comment letter regarding the draft Revision to Inspection Manual Chapter (IMC) 2800, "Materials Inspection Program"
July 16, 2018 OAS comment letter regarding staff evaluation of training and experience for administering radiopharmaceuticals
May 15, 2018 US NRC Federal Register Notice and public meeting regarding the very low-level radioactive waste scoping study and greater than class C waste
May 4, 2018 Opportunity to comment on a proposal to limit the number of special management review board meetings
November 2, 2017 Opportunity to comment on draft NRC staff's evaluation of the NRC patient release program
August 3, 2017 Opportunity to comment of draft RIS regarding NTAS and protective measures for the physical protection of category 1 and 2 sources
March 17, 2017 Opportunity to comment on the determination to revise processes governing category 3 sources